Dear parishioners of St. Patrick,
May the peace of the Lord be with you and your families. By now everyone has received the news that Bishop Parkes has suspended all public Masses until further notice while we are dealing with the Coronavirus. This is a very sad time for us. The Eucharist is the center and heart of our belief. This will hopefully strengthen and deepen our love for the Eucharist. I want to assure you that you will be remembered in my prayers. I invite you to come to the church for private prayer in the presence of the Eucharist during the week (church hours information updated below). We must continue to trust in the Lord. We ask our Blessed Mother to intercede for us during these challenging times. Let us also pray for those who have died and are presently inflicted with the virus. Let us pray for each other.
Sincerely yours in Christ,
Queridos feligreses de St. Patrick,
Que la paz del Señor este con ustedes y sus familias. Probablemente ya todos han recibido la noticia que el Obispo Parkes ha suspendido todas las misas públicas hasta nuevo aviso mientras estamos bregando con el Coronavirus. Este momento es muy triste para nosotros. La Eucaristía es el centro y corazón de nuestra creencia. Esperamos que esto fortalezca y profundize nuestro amor por la Eucaristía. Les quiero asegurar que los voy a recordar en mis oraciones. Los invito a venir a la iglesia para rezar en privado en la presencia de la Eucaristía durante la semana. Debemos seguir confiando en el Señor. Le pedimos a nuestra Madre Sagrada que interfiera por nosotros durante estos tiempos de desafío. Oremos también por aquellos que han fallecido y por los que actualmente están infectados con el virus. Oremos por cada uno de nosotros.
Atentamente en Cristo,
[Updated April 6, 2020, 11:00AM]
By decree of Bishop Parkes, all public masses in the Diocese of St. Petersburg are hereby suspended effective immediately until it can be determined that it is safe to return to normal schedules and public worship. The faithful of the Diocese of St. Petersburg and all visitors present in this diocese are dispensed from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass for as long as the suspension of public celebration of the Mass is in effect. All mass intentions will still be satisfied privately by Fr. Sal.
At this time, the CHURCH will remain open (for private prayer only & limited to 10 people at one time) Everyday, Monday through Sunday, 8:00AM – 12:00PM.
ADORATION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT will be held on Tuesday 9:00AM – 12:00PM
RECONCILIATION will be available on Saturday from 2:45PM – 3:30PM. No Reconciliation on Holy Saturday, April 11th.
The PARISH OFFICE is Temporarily Closed. Fr. Sal and office Staff are available to answer questions, provide resources, and schedule appointments as needed. Please call 813-839-5337
All parish meetings, gatherings and events are CANCELLED at this time until further notice. Please continue to refer to our Parish Website for the most up to date communications. The Diocese of St. Petersburg website is also a great resource for updates and available online resources. www.dosp.org
- The Church is open (FOR PRIVATE PRAYER ONLY & LIMITED TO 10 PEOPLE AT ONE TIME) Everyday, Monday through Sunday, 8:00AM – 12:00PM
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be held Tuesday until 12:00PM
- Reconciliation will be available on Saturday from 2:45PM – 3:30PM. No Reconciliation on Holy Saturday, April 11th.
- Fr. Sal and office Staff are available to answer questions, provide resources, and schedule appointments as needed. Please call 813-839-5337. The Parish Office is temporarily closed to walk-ins.
ALL MEETINGS, GATHERINGS, AND EVENTS ARE CANCELLED
- All Masses (Lenten, Holy Day, Daily, and Weekend) until further notice
- All devotional prayer gatherings
- Baptisms postponed at this time (emergency only)
- Communal Penance Services
- Confirmation postponed until further notice
- Daily Holy Rosary
- First Communions postponed until further notice
- Morning prayer / Liturgy of the Hours
- Music Ministry Choir Rehearsals
- Stations of the Cross
- CCW Coffee and Donuts
- CCW Plant and Bake Sale
- CCW Meetings
- CCW Circle Meetings
- Elementary Faith Formation Classes and Lenten Service Event
- Finance Council Meetings
- Freedom To Worship Prayer Meetings and Praise and Adoration Nights
- Grief-Hope Ministry Meetings
- Lenten Fish Fry
- Parish Breakfasts
- Sacramental Preparation Classes and Retreats (Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation)
- Secular Franciscan Order Council Meetings
- Social Committee Meetings
- Spanish Prayer Group/Grupo de Oracion Meetings
- Stewardship Committee Meetings
- Young at Heart
- Youth Ministry Core Team Meetings (LifeTeen/High School & EDGE/Middle School)
- Youth Ministry Gatherings and Events (LifeTeen/High School & EDGE/Middle School)
Prayer and Fasting:
Prayer is an important way for Catholics to respond to any crisis as we express our dependence on God. We pray especially for all those who are ill, their families, health care workers and officials working to slow the spread of COVID-19. Bishop Parkes urges the faithful to pray and fast for a quick and positive resolution of the current pandemic and for compassion and kindness to prevail in the hearts of all as we care for those in need.
Almighty ever-living God, eternal health of believers,
hear our prayers for your servants who are sick with coronavirus:
grant them, we implore you, your merciful help,
so that, with their health restored,
they may give you thanks in the midst of your Church.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.