Severe Weather Updates – Parish Closings and Cancellations
Hurricane season begins June 1st and runs through November 30th.
St. Patrick Catholic Church follows the closures of Hillsborough County Schools for all severe weather emergencies or precautionary safety procedures. During a severe weather emergency, updates to our parish website will be made daily to keep you up to date on Parish Closures and Meeting Cancellations. Please remember the safety of our parish family and community is most important. Be safe and God Bless.
Parish Ministry Cancellation Notices:
- None at this time.
Updated: 1/02/2019 09:00 am
There are two websites that are helpful for both hurricane planning and detailed weather information as a storm approaches. The Hillsborough County Emergency Management Office website is www.hillsboroughcounty.org/emergency and the National Hurricane Center website is www.nhc.noaa.gov/. At the National Hurricane Center website you can pull up and watch things like the 3-day and 5-day cones for approaching storms. At the Hillsborough County website you can sign up for their E-News which is an automatic e-mail service which keeps you up-to-date with pertinent local emergency management information if you like.
- During any heavy rainfall or severe weather event, the City of Tampa encourages the motoring public to heed traffic advisories, obey traffic signs/detours, and to exercise caution when driving in and around standing water.
- Do not drive through water it is difficult to determine how deep the water is.
- It is best to avoid driving unless necessary.
- Treat non-functioning traffic signals as a 4-way stop.
- If you see a road closed, please follow the detour signs.
- Avoid any downed or hanging power lines – they may be live.
- Residents should also stay tuned to local television and radio stations for more information as severe weather approaches.
- Please check this City of Tampa link for up to date road closures at http://arcg.is/1JofT7G.
- The Hillsborough County Emergency Management Office website is www.hillsboroughcounty.org/emergency
- National Hurricane Center website is www.nhc.noaa.gov/
- Sign up for Alert Tampa, the city’s official emergency alert system, to receive time sensitive notifications which will be sent directly to your email, cell phone, and in some cases, home phone. Alert Tampa will provide you the official information you can use to keep your business, your home, and your family safe. To sign up today, visit our website at tampagov.net/alerttampa or call (813) 231-6184.